6 Signs Your Furnace Needs Some TLC
If you’ve ever found your teeth chattering on a cold and rainy winter’s night, you’ll know that there’s never a good time to have your furnace breakdown.
Though it’s comforting to know that Riverside Heating & Plumbing offers 24/7 furnace repair and cleaning services throughout Langley, wouldn’t it be so much better if you could fix furnace problems before you’re left out in the cold? But just how do you know it needs maintenance, anyway? Here are six signs you should get on the horn with us ASAP to have your furnace serviced.
- Uncharacteristic noises. Bumping and clunking. Chattering and grinding. Wheezing and whining. If your furnace is making any of these kinds of noises, don’t hesitate to give us a call. The problem could be a cracked belt, a delayed ignition or an electric problem. But something’s definitely not right.
- Higher than usual electric bills. Skyrocketing heating expenses could be the result of an inefficiently operating furnace. Servicing your furnace will save it from further malfunctioning and allow you to keep those extra dollars in your bank account.
- Uneven heating throughout your home. Some rooms are uncomfortably hot while others are too cold. If this sounds familiar, the culprit could be your furnace.
- A yellow pilot light. Blue is best when it comes to your furnace’s pilot light. Any other colour could indicate dirt in the burner or another problem.
- Excess dryness and dust. A healthy furnace shouldn’t leave you with droopy plants or cracked skin. An extreme build-up of dust is further indication that something could be amiss with your furnace.
- Illnesses that vanish when you leave your home. You think you’re getting the flu, but as soon as you leave the house you feel 100% better. Headaches, worsening of asthma symptoms and even nausea could be signs that your furnace has cracks that need repairing.
A clean furnace is a Happy Furnace
An older furnace is more prone to breaking down and should be regularly checked, but even the newer ones need regular cleaning. A good rule of thumb is to have your furnace cleaned and inspected once a year. This will help ensure your home is well heated all winter long. As an added bonus, annual maintenance of your furnace will improve its overall performance and increase the duration of its lifespan.
Efficient and Affordable Service
In Langley, Riverside Heating & Plumbing provides furnace cleaning and repair services to local residents at reasonable prices. Heating, plumbing and drainage is what our family run and operated business is all about. We’re a contractor you can depend on for reliable and courteous service for your Langley home or business. Call us today to find out about our latest promotion or to receive a free estimate.